Guest Speaker and Visitor Policy
Policy and procedures regarding visitors to the schools must, as a minimum:
- Include procedures for assessment and verification of the suitability of visitors to be in a location where children freely move around to learn and play.
- Require all visitors arriving and departing during school hours to read the visitor’s guidelines that show the purpose of their presence.
- Ensure that emergency exits and emergency management plans and procedures are available to visitor.
- Ensure that any programs delivered by visitors are delivered in a manner that supports and promotes the school’s principles.
- Visitors should be clearly aware of the areas that are available to them.
- Visitors should be aware that their presence is limited to the purpose of their visit and not for any other reason.
- Visitors are not permitted to visit the school to meet teachers unless they have made an appointment. Emergency meetings with teachers will be managed by the supervisor of the school who will evaluate the case and assign an appointment.