Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
We recognize our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. Children who are safe and feel safe are happier, more successful learners.
We endeavor to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice. The procedures contained in this policy apply to all staff and governors and are consistent with those of the Lebanese and local authorities.
The main aims of our policy are:
- Supporting students who are at risk of being neglected in any way.
- Increasing staff awareness of responding sensitively to child protection concerns.
Our school will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults at school who they can approach if they are worried or experiencing difficulties.
- Include activities and opportunities in the curriculum that equip children with the skills they need to stay safe (please refer to the ProtectED Program)
- Ensure that every effort is made to establish effective and positive working relationships with parents and colleagues.
- Ensure that all students and staff involved in child protection issues receive appropriate support from the senior management of the school in accordance with this policy guidance.
Representatives from the whole school community of students, parents, guardians, staff and governors are involved in the development and review of the Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually unless there is the need for earlier review due to an incident, or the introduction of new legislation or guidance.