Supervision of Pupils Outside Normal School Hours
At least one member of the teaching staff is always present on duty to supervise pupils whenever they are in school outside normal classroom times.
All members of the teaching staff are expected to take their share of break and lunchtime supervisory duties.
The main duty periods are:
- Morning break duty. Times vary according to site but at least one member of staff is present in each playground.
- Lunch-time duty/the playgrounds. Supervised by lunchtime assistants who support the supervisor of the school for that time during the day.
- Afternoon break duty. At least one member of staff is present in each playground.
- Teachers supervise students on both home and away matches (sports time) assisted by additional staff when and where necessary.
- Specific arrangements are made by the member of staff responsible for the activity to ensure students are supervised at events.
- Follow up is made after school to ensure that students have returned home safely.